Blackboard Learn UNM is an online learning management system (LMS) of the University of New Mexico. Find your online courses by signing on the home page of UNM Learn or Canvas. Discover details about how to sign in, Blackboard Learn features, Canvas support, and other helpful information in our article below.
About The University of New Mexico
The University of New Mexico (UNM) is a public research university in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was started in 1889 by the New Mexico Territorial Legislature. It is the state’s oldest and most prestigious university, and it has more than 25,400 students in 2021.
UNM has twelve colleges and schools, including the only law school in New Mexico. It has 215 degree and certificate programs, including 94 baccalaureates, 71 master’s, and 37 doctoral degrees. The main campus is on 800 acres (320 ha) in central Albuquerque, and there are branch campuses in Gallup, Los Alamos, Rio Rancho, Taos, and Los Lunas.
UNM has been recognized for its “very high research activity” by the Carnegie Classification, and it is one of the top research institutions in the U.S., having spent over $243 million on research and development in 2021, according to the National Science Foundation. Additionally, it is classified as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education, with close to half of its student population identifying as Hispanic.
UNM’s athletic programs, nicknamed the Lobos, consist of 16 varsity sports teams that compete in NCAA Division I (FBS for football) and are part of the Mountain West Conference. The university has had success in skiing and cross-country running, having won national championships in those sports. The school’s official colors are cherry and silver, and it boasts a vast alumni network of around 200,000 individuals worldwide.
What is UNM Blackboard Learn?
UNM Blackboard Learn is the University of New Mexico’s chosen online platform and LMS. Through Blackboard Learn, instructors can create online course sites that are thoughtfully optimized for online learning and fully integrated with Rasmussen’s enrollment and communication systems, offering a comprehensive solution for educators and learners alike.
Blackboard’s LMS provides students with a wealth of resources, including program documents, announcements, grades, and more. By logging in with their UNM or Microsoft credentials, students can easily sign in to available programs and engage with a comprehensive suite of learning tools.
Blackboard allows students to submit assignments electronically and use web-based tools like e-portfolios, wikis, and blogs. Additionally, students can participate in self and peer assessments if assignments are designed for such evaluation.
Features of UNM Learn Blackboard
Here are some features included in the blackboard’s catalog:
- Announcements: An area designated for students to view announcements is available, and teachers have the additional choice of sending an email message with the same announcement content for immediate delivery.
- Instructor Information: An allocated section is available for both instructors and their co-instructors or teaching assistants (TAs) to share their respective contact information as well as pertinent information about themselves and their roles in the course.
- Syllabus: Area to post the course syllabus.
- Assignments: This section is where you publish assignments and other course activities.
- Course Documents: This is the designated space to upload course materials and other course-related documents and activities.
- My Grades: Gives students sign-in to any grades that have been posted for this program.
- Send Email: This link enables both teachers and students to send email messages to all participants of the program.
- Discussion Board: This link grants immediate access to the discussion board forums that are utilized in the programs .
- Students: BbHelp: Students can sign in to the KU IT Blackboard website where they can obtain assistance with various academic and technical aspects through this link.
- Support: This link provides the contact details for KU IT’s Educational Technologists who offer support and guidance for Blackboard-related queries.
- Student Tools: You can access tools in Blackboard using the URL provided. The resources utilized in the course are at the faculty’s discretion.
- Research Help: This link gives students direct sign in to the KU Libraries website, offering academic resources and assistance.
How To Access Blackboard Learn UNM Login Page
To access Blackboard Learn UNM login page, you can log in directly via the website or mobile device.
Follow the steps below to sign in to the Blackboard system:
- Open your web browser and go to the UNM Blackboard Learn website at learn.unm.edu.
- Then, click on the red box “Log in to UNM Learn”.
- You will be redirected to the UNM NetID Login page. Type your UNM NetID and press “Next”.
- Enter your password in the provided field.
- Click on the “Sign in” button to log in to your Blackboard Learn account.
Via Mobile Device
You can follow these steps to sign in to your Blackboard account through the mobile app:
- Download and install the Blackboard app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, depending on your device.
- Open the Blackboard app and tap on the “Get Started” button.
- In the search bar, type “University of New Mexico” and select it from the list of institutions.
- Enter your UNM NetID and password in the provided fields.
- Tap on the “Sign in” button to log in to your Blackboard Learn account.
Once you are logged in, you can connect to your courses and course materials on the app. If you have any trouble logging in, you can try resetting your NetID password or contacting UNM’s IT support for further assistance. You can contact them at (505) 277-0857 or – and email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
The University Of New Mexico Canvas Support
The usage of UNM Learn for teaching programs has been discontinued, and the University of New Mexico has transitioned to employing the Canvas Learning Management System as a replacement for Blackboard Learn, effective from the Summer 2022 semester. To obtain further details and resources pertaining to Canvas, please refer to the UNM Canvas Info Help Site.
UNM’s Learn license expired on August 31, 2022, but a limited one was acquired to aid migration to Canvas until August 2023. This allows teachers to reference past programs and download data before Learn’s end.
As of August 31, 2022, Learn usage limits have been enforced with the following changes:
- Access to Learn is restricted to user accounts with an Instructor or course assistant role. Student users are unable to log in to Learn.
- To comply with the limited license, the timeout period for Learn has been reduced from three hours to 30 minutes to minimize the number of concurrent users. If a user is inactive in Learn beyond the timeout for their current session, they will be logged out and prompted to log back in to continue.
- Several third-party tool integrations have been or will be disabled, with the exception of Kaltura, which will continue to be available in Learn to facilitate course migration.
- Sign-in via Blackboard’s mobile apps has been disabled, and there may be further limitations added in the future depending on usage.
Continue logging into the UNM Blackboard system if you are an instructor or course assistant attempting to access a course in Learn from Spring 2022 or earlier. And if you are looking for a current program please visit canvas.unm.edu.
In short, Blackboard Learn and Canvas are two LMS used by the University of New Mexico. Accessible via UNM NetID, mobile apps are available, and support is provided by UNM IT Service Desk and the Center for Teaching and Learning. UNM aims to make online learning accessible and efficient for all.
That’s all the information we give you. Don’t forget to follow us on the Seattleducation website to know the latest update. Thanks a lot for reading our article!