About North West School in Washington Seattle
North West School (NWS) was founded in 1980 and is a co-educational middle and high school.
The campus is located in the historic Capitol Hill district of Seattle, Washington, one of the most beautiful cities in the United States. In particular, this is also the headquarters of many famous companies in the world such as: Microsoft, Starbucks, Boeing, Amazon, Expedia, Costco, etc.
This will be an advantage when students are exposed to a modern and intelligent environment and an advantage in terms of employment opportunities in the world’s leading companies.
Northwest School has excellent college preparation experience, rich arts and sports programs, and a welcoming environment.
The school is also recognized by the US Department of Education as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence.
Graduates from NWS are named to prestigious universities at home and abroad.
In particular, Northwest School is the only school in Seattle that has a dormitory for international students from sixth through twelfth grade.
The great location of NWS allows international students not only to learn in a modern environment, but also to better explore and understand the culture, life, and people of the United States.
The secondary education program at the University of Washington Seattle
The university offers a challenging intellectual experience based on extensive research and interdisciplinary learning.
A liberal arts education combines an integrated humanistic program, learning the history of civilizations with science labs and art classes in each discipline.
Middle School Program:
- Teachers help students feel like they are learning during these important years.
- Small classes with exercises designed to reinforce learning strengths
- The curriculum allows students to become logical thinkers and take control of their own learning.
- High school students will study subjects such as mathematics, science, Spanish, history, literature, culture, and geography.
- Students in grades 6 and above will research and note skills and explore all of the options available to them in STEM.
High School Program
- Students in grades 9 to 12 will pursue a challenging program of interdisciplinary studies that includes an integrated program in the humanities, hands-on science labs, mathematics, foreign languages, and hands-on experiences in science and technology, visual arts and performing arts.
- Twelfth graders will learn how to become citizens by actively participating in democratic processes.
- Eleventh graders will learn to see the world from a global perspective and what it means to understand both sides of complex issues through discussion.
- Grade 10 students will take part in exciting hands-on science courses. The lab allows students to experiment with DNA fingerprints using equipment not normally found in a typical classroom.
Sports and Arts subjects at Washington Seattle high schools
High School Arts Course in Seattle Education
The college believes that arts education is vital to preparing for a fulfilling life and has strong links with scholars.
The arts provide students with essential experiences of challenge and achievement, and also open their minds to new ways of solving problems.
Each student has two art classes throughout the semester to ensure that they can dance, play an instrument, play on stage, and create something within their reach.
What do high schools in education in Seattle teach about sports?
At Northwest School, healthy competition goes hand in hand with an emphasis on teamwork.
This balance between sportsmanship and discipline has propelled the athletes to win more than 40 state and national championships.
The school provides sports opportunities for all students who can play the following sports:
- Running across the suburb
What facilities does the Washington State Middle School in Seattle have to offer?
School dormitories provide a safe environment in which teachers and residents work together to create a community that supports personal growth.
The renovated residence is located west of the campus and houses about 50 students on separate floors of each gender. Regions include:
- Waiting room
- Laundry service
- Computer lab
Resident guides are always present at the residence to ensure the safety of students.
All students enjoy a nutritious lunch in the school cafeteria.
What are the English language requirements for foreigners wanting to attend middle school in Seattle?
- International students will be required to submit one of the following English language certificates:
- International students who are not applying to the ESL program must submit ISEE or SAT scores.
How much is the tuition fee for middle school and high school in Seattle?
Tuition fees for 2021-2022:
- Grades 6-8: $43,665 including tuition ($40,315), lunch ($1,550), health insurance ($1.80)
- Grades 9-12: $46,135 including tuition ($42,785), lunch ($1,650), health insurance ($1.70)
DOUBLE PROGRAM IN THE State of WASHINGTON
Most community colleges in Washington state offer a dual high school completion program.
The Dual High School Completion Program provides an excellent opportunity for students who have not yet completed high school to earn an associate’s degree and a Washington State high school diploma at the same time.
Students who are enrolled in the dual program and complete high school can start college immediately without having to attend high school.
Students will take regular classes at school to earn college credits and some subjects to graduate from high school. With this option, students will earn a Washington State high school diploma and associate’s degree simultaneously within two years.
After earning an associate’s degree and high school diploma, students can transfer to the university and complete a bachelor’s degree program in just two years in their chosen major.
General requirements for a dual high school completion program:
- For students aged 16-17: have completed at least the first semester of class 10, GPA of 6.5.
- For students ≥ 18: Completion of middle school. GPA is not required.
Community colleges offer dual high school completion programs in Washington State: Seattle Central Community College, Green River Community College, Shoreline Community College, etc.