How to Apply to the University of Washington Seattle? The Washington School offers you many opportunities to earn a prestigious diploma. The admissions process here is very difficult, requiring students to write essays of up to 300 words around the most important part of the question. See the article below of seattleducation.com for more information:
Overview about University of Washington Seattle
Based in the company of other public universities such as UCLA, UNC-Chapel Hill, UVA, University of Michigan, and UT-Austin, University of Washington Seattle is probably flying out of sight.
However, like others, UW-Seattle consistently ranks as one of the top 20 public schools in the United States and has a magnetic pull that attracts high achievers across the country and even around the world – nearly 40% of Husky’s undergraduate students come from outside the state and abroad.
Most impressively, UW-Seattle undergraduate programs in Business, Engineering, and Computer Science can be found at the top of any ranking; They are neighbors of US news like Princeton, MIT and Georgia Tech.
However, the University of Washington acceptance rate is still at a not too bad level of 53%.
The 36,206 undergrads at this school, called UDub, have increasingly eye-catching academic credentials with each passing year. For example, the average student in 2022 had grades very close to the A average.
What are the criteria for selecting students at the University of Washington in Seattle?
With such an advanced level of selectivity, this article is intended for potential applicants to the American University of Seattle to be tutored on:
- University of Washington ranked 2026 acceptance rate
- SAT/ACT, GPA, and Class Rank of University of Washington admitted candidates
- Employment trends
- University of Washington Applicant Evaluation System
- Consider the demographics of current undergraduate students at UW Seattle
- Percentage of students admitted to the University of Washington (rate of return)
- UDub Registration Tips
- How to Judge Whether an Application to UW Seattle Is Worth the $80 Application Fee (For You)
University of Washington student acceptance rate
Washington Class University 2026 acceptance rate is not yet released. Last year, there were 48,840 applications for admission to the 2025 Husky Class. In the end, 26,121 individuals were accepted.
Therefore, the current acceptance rate of the University of Washington is 53%. Over the past three years, people who live off the list have been accepted at 51%, while the acceptance rate for residents is more than 60%.
University of Washington Admissions – SAT/ACT, GPA – Class Rankings and Notes
For those enrolled in the 2025 class, the SAT range between 50% is 1220-1440. Accepted students have average SAT scores of 1240-450.
The overall ACT range is 29-34. Huskies have a GPA of 3.82. Fourteen percent had a perfect 4.0 GPA and 60% had a score between 3.75 and 3.99.
- First, in 2022, the University of Washington conducted an elective permanent exam. Additionally, this policy does not penalize anyone who has low test scores or fails to submit scores. Instead, they only consider high test scores (1400/31+) for applicants who may not be accepted.
- Second: The acceptance rate in the College of Engineering is 40%. Looking deeper, out-of-state disability is just 33%.
- After that, only 3% of non-resident applicants were accepted directly into Paul G. Allen College of Computer Science. However, Washington residents have an acceptance rate of 27%.
- In the end, more than 30% of UW-Seattle students who enroll in it will be the first in their family to earn a bachelor’s degree.
How does the University of Washington evaluate applicants?
The Office of Admissions wants applicants to know that “although more than 48,000 applications are received each year, your application will receive a comprehensive and in-depth review.” In addition to the above-mentioned important elements, the following are also taken into account:
- Make the most of your first year
- Show the direction of the positive points
- Demonstrate commitment to community service and leadership
- Exercising great responsibility in the family, community, work situation or through activities
- Get a college preparatory education despite economic hurdles (Washington State residents only)
- Demonstrate a unique cultural awareness, perspective, or experience while in the student’s high school.
How to apply to university of Washington Seattle?
If you are planning to join about 49,000 hopeful Husky puppies in your next admission course, you should know the following:
- The University of Washington does not use interviews as part of their assessment process.
- This school truly prides itself on accepting a high percentage of students who will be the first to graduate from college in their families.
- The University of Washington is not clearly interested; As a result, you will not be judged on whether you visited the campus, contacted the admissions officer, etc.
- Finally, make sure to devote enough time and effort to the main General Cover letter essay and the two required supplemental essays required by the University of Washington.
In the 2022-23 cycle, they are as follows:
Tell a story from your life, describe an experience that expressed or helped shape your personality (maximum length: 650 words)
Our families and communities often define our personal world. Community can refer to your cultural group, extended family, religious group, neighborhood or school, sports team or club, co-workers, etc.
Describe the world you come from and how you, as a producer, can add to UW’s diversity (maximum length: 300 words.)
Essay writing tips for submission to UW-Seattle
- Content is important, but spelling, grammar, and punctuation are also taken into account.
- We recommend creating first, then copying and pasting into the app. Double spacing, italics, and other formatting will be lost, but that shouldn’t affect your app’s rating.
- We’ve noticed that most students write a polished, formal essay, but give an informal and short answer. Do your best for each part of your written answer, and introduce yourself in standard and formal English.
Who is easy to get into the University of Washington in Seattle?
According to a statistic at the beginning of 2021, they divided students residing in 3 main areas to be admitted:
- In-state: 60%
- Out of state: 24%
- International: 16
Trong số những người không phải là cư dân của Washington, sự cạnh tranh gay gắt nhất thường đến từ những người đến từ các bang khác (toàn bộ vùng Đông Bắc và Bờ Tây).
Nếu bạn đến từ Deep South hoặc một tiểu bang ít dân cư hơn như Idaho hoặc South Dakota, vị trí của bạn có nhiều khả năng tạo cơ hội nhập học vào Đại học Washington.
International students admitted to the University of Washington:
National identity of students at the University of Washington:
- African Americans: 5%
- Asian Americans: 27%
- Spanish / Latino: 9%
- American Indians: 1%
- White people: 38%
Percentage of men and women admitted to the University of Washington:
- Men: 45%
- Women: 55%