For the news and views you might have missed
From a post on Teachers’ Letters to Obama Facebook page:
Top 5 things Bill Gates has taught us about school reform:
1. No amount of money will fix failing schools unless you also address the socio-economic conditions surrounding those schools.
2. Politicians, superintendents and school leaders will happily have students and teachers used as lab rats for a few extra dollars.
3. No amount of media control and propaganda will prevent real classroom teachers from knowing the truth and trying to speak their minds.
4. Business people have no business in the business of school reform.
5. It’s not about the kids. It’s about the money.
Care to add your own?